Menu

Thứ Bảy, 12 tháng 3, 2016

Winter Yarn Wreath

This was a pretty easy wreath and I love how it turned out. Here’s what you need:
January 2012 007
I used a circular Styrofoam wreath from Michael’s yarn felt hot glue
I decided to make the wreath white yarn because I love how crisp looking it is.
I started with the end of the yarn and tied it around the wreath form. I then started wrapping it as tight as I could and as close I could get it together. I didn’t want any green showing.
That took a little bit of time. I wrapped for a couple of hours while Eric and I watched TV.
I wanted to make some felt flowers and pom poms so of course I went to YouTube for tutorials. They seemed pretty easy so I made a few. You can find tutorials here.
I didn’t want to hot glue them on because I wanted to be able to use the wreath again somehow so I didn’t want to make anything permanent. So I decided to hot glue floral pins to the back of the flowers/pom poms.
January 2012 010January 2012 011January 2012 012
I then took the light blue yarn and wrapped a it around one side and left some space between each time I went around.
January 2012 013
I took the L and wanted to make it grey. I didn’t have grey paint, so I mixed a little black, some white, and a little silver and painted. It turned out to be a perfect shade. I hot glued a floral pin on the back of it as well.
I placed everything on the wreath and all done.
January 2012 015January 2012 016
Of course the next day the sun immediately melted the glue on the L and it fell off. So, I used the only thing I knew wouldn’t melt…super glue. Worked like a charm.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét