Menu

Thứ Bảy, 12 tháng 3, 2016

{Ruffled} Fabric Ribbon

Well, sort of…

This is one of those projects that I was bound and determined it wasn’t going to get the best of me…well, guess what? It got the best of me, so it’s a little revamped if you will.
I needed a new ribbon for my coffee filter wreath above my mantel. I didn’t really see any ribbon that I liked at the store, and seeing that I got my new sewing machine for Christmas I thought, well, why not just make one….and a ruffled one at that.
I made the ruffles for Dallas’ throw pillows so how hard could this be, right?
Well, the idea in my head was a lot easier than it actually turned out to be.
I measured and cut my fabric.
January 2012 002January 2012 004
After doing that I sewed the edges so they’d me nice and pretty and there would be a front and back to my “ribbon”. I then went to flip the material.
January 2012 008January 2012 009
This is where it all went wrong and I got completely frustrated. I sewed it oh so wrong and couldn’t figure out how to fix it, so I decided to start all over. I cut more fabric and made a really long tube.

Ok, so now all I needed to do was sew a stich down the center and then use that to make the ruffle, so that’s what I did.
All was going well and the fabric was ruffling quite nicely, then the thread broke about 1/3 of the way in it! DANG IT!!!
At this point, I’ve lost numerous hours and wasted lots of pretty fabric and the thread is not going to hold. I’m guessing the fabric was too thick. So, I did what any good person who threw up the white flag would do…I used one of the original pieces and made just a regular fabric ribbon and hung my coffee filter wreath with that. I mean no sanity is worth some fabric and a ruffle, right? It looks cute and I do like it a lot.
blog stuff 001blog stuff 004
Thanks for stopping by and just know that some projects we picture in our head don’t always turn out the way we think….and that’s OK.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét